Sunday, February 5, 2012

Eclectic Bird Bag.

My sister had a bag that she bought from a boutique for $40. It was hand sewn by a local friend of hers.  I saw it and thought I could take a stab at it.  I haven't sewn a lot of things, but I really enjoy sewing and want to get better.  My mom gave me all this fabric and I pieced together what I thought was eclectic and just what I like.

The red trim on the left side was just three pieces of satin that I braided together.  The red lace flower was just a in a little case from wal-mart for $1.  I gathered it and hot glued it into a flower, with a black button in the middle. 

I thought little bow ties would be adorable so I cinched up the material and added pearl buttons.  I put tulle on over top of it, and I love the look it gives.


I made a bottom and double lined it with jean fabric that can be seen form inside.  I sewed a gathered pocket with elastic for inside to put my little things. I had these metal rings and used them to attach the straps, which I also braided.

I love the two birds, I think it gives the whole bag its unique look.  I love fabric.

Here is the front and the back.  I love giraffe print. So I definitely had to incorporate it.  I love making things with no pattern. That is how I sew. Here are a few of my other sewing projects:

This is my husband, and son when he was about 9 months old.  I made a cap and gown for my son to wear on the big day with his daddy. This was the first thing I ever attempted to sew/make.  It turned out adorable.  I was one proud mommy and wife that day.

I made this dress by looking at my nieces very expensive $300 dress.  I copied the measurements and overall look of it.  It is a two piece dress with a slip. It was very fun to make.

My two kids are what makes me the most proud.  I love them very much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...