So I really have a hard time organizing and making dinner for my family. So as part of my new goals this year to take care of my family first before any hobbies or extra curricular stuff, I wanted to make something to help me with meal plans. To also help me with my Family First goals, I made this Family Night Rotation Blocks. |
![]() |
| I Got this frame at Savers for $6- a local thrift shop near my house. It was perfect cause I was looking for something a little more "gaudy". |
![]() |
| I picked up this chalkboard paint at the nearby Hobby Lobby for $8.99. It can be sprayed onto any hard surface, I assume! I really haven't looked it up, but I do know it can be sprayed onto glass, which is what I did. |
![]() |
| After a few coats of paint, it was ready for the stickers. I wanted the days of the week to be permanent with stickers. So I also got these at Hobby Lobby for $2. |
![]() |
| The tweezers really helped to put it on straight. Although it is not perfect, but looks pretty straight. |
![]() |
| I measured the space I had to work with and used equal distance between each day. It was a little tight-to be honest. But it was enough. |
![]() |
| I got 4 heavy duty magnets from Home Depot and hot glued it on. Hopefully it will stay put! |
![]() |
| I first tried 2 magnets, but it slowly started sliding down. It definitely needed 4! |
![]() |
| So now I have a whole week's worth of meal planning. Let's hope it works! |
![]() | ||||||
| So now I have 2 lovely things to help me be a better organized person, and a better home maker! Best of all, it's cute and crafty! It's more fun that way!!! |


















14 comments:
Love both of the boards! Hard to believe the chalkboard started out as it did! Great job!
I love both projects! Love the color on the chalkboard frame...my favorite. I'd love for you to share at my weekly Show & Tell party. It kicks off on Wednesdays at mrshinesclass.wordpress.com
Sharon
i love the look of having it on the fridge... going to have to try this!
those are amazing! I have been wanting to do an organizing board!
LOVE! The color is beautiful and you did a really great job. That frame is gorgeous. I have a party on Fridays and I would love if you linked up!
http://daysofchalkandchocolate.blogspot.com/2012/01/latest-and-greatest-friday-14.html
Love the idea! This is so cute! I came over from the DIY Newbie party.
I LOOOOOVE this!! I am so going to copy this idea! I love the older frame that you used as well. New follower.
This is really cute and I love that it can go on the stainless steel fridge! I'll be adding this to my organizational to-do list - thank you!
What a Fab idea! Cute AND functional! Definitely making this for my kitchen!
I totally need one of these! My kids are always wondering what we are having for dinner and this is a pretty way of displaying it!
~Tonia @TheGunnySack.com
BTW I am featuring this today :)
That is an absolutely fantastic idea. I wish I had seen your post before I just finished creating my command centre which alreay includes some menu plan organisation. Maybe one day I will remember your idea and do something similar.
My Command Centre Organisation
Hi Trisha - I'm featuring your chalkboard frame meal planner tonight at Project Queen. Fabulous idea!!!! Thanks so much for sharing.
Mandy
Wow great ideas....will be watching for more of your wonderful remakes.
Post a Comment