Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Quote Board

I have promised myself I will not do any more large projects that take too much time.  So this little project was perfect. And especially if the project is a crafty way to help me be more organized or inspired.

This quote board hangs in my kitchen where I can see it every day- throughout my day.  I rotate the quotes and or pictures based on what I feel needs to inspire me.  It is bright and colorful; which reflects my new love for vibrance and happiness in my home.

It started out like this. And it has been sitting in my basement for years.

I painted it the same color I did my menu meal planner. Then I glazed it, and sanded  the edges. I even let my kids help me paint a little of it!
I cut out a piece of fabric I had to match the paint color perfectly and glued the sides to make a smooth edge.

I used this Minwax Wipe -on Poly to give it a protective finish. I really like this finish for small, light projects.It is so easy to apply and it gives it a nice soft  look.

I put the hooks back on, and added some photos.

I wanted this rustic look with the wire and clips, and also it was what I already had in my stash. I like the look it gives. Kind of casual and unique.

I love a project that not only looks cute, but also serves a purpose.  I can also collect my quotes as I take them down and refer back to them.  I love this quote; "Motherhood is not a hobby; it's a calling. It's not something you do if you can squeeze the time in- it's what God gave you time for". I am really enjoying instead of thinking what I can make just to make it; but of what to make to help me be a better mom, wife, and balanced person. There is so much power in what we fill our thoughts with. It trickles into what we put our efforts and time into. I am thinking more and more of what I can spend my time doing to balance out my life, instead of only indulging in a hobby.  It feels good.

3 comments:

What a great transformation! I love the colors and the fact that you can change the pictures and the quotes!

i love it! i think i'll copy that one for my next project:)

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...