Sunday, April 8, 2012

A Legacy of Acheivments




Today we celebrated Easter, and Travis' 31st birthday! I tried to make it a special day with his family and my parents.  This Picture is what I made for Travis' special birthday gift. I first got the idea from a cute blog called Busy Bliss, where she had a collage of pictures of her and her husband doing things of achievement in their lives.  I used that as a basic idea, and then took it to the design of dressing up Eli in clothes that represented some achievements that Travis has accomplished.


 Travis and Eli almost look identical in their Kindergarten pictures! So adorable.
Baptism pictures.  Travis was baptized in 1989.

 This is a picture of Travis in the newspaper for his arrow of light award, but he also is an Eagle Scout. I borrowed these clothes from my neighbor for Eli's picture.

 This represents high school graduation.  Eli is wearing Travis' SBO jacket.

 I love this picture of Travis on his mission in Chihuahua Mexico.

 We are going to celebrate 7 years of marriage this May 5, Cinco de Mayo! 

 This is Eli at about 9 months. I sewed this cute little graduation outfit for him.  Everyone thought he was so adorable! Travis graduated from Weber state in 2008.

This picture represents fatherhood. Travis loves this picture of him kissing Eli and I wanted to stage that for Eli.

 

Kelli, of Utah Photographic Memories, took these wonderful pictures of Eli.  I loved the way this turned out, and Travis loved it too! I had it framed and also had a small one made for Travis' desk. The larger one is for Eli's wall in his room.  We had a great day today!



4 comments:

omg trisha i can't stop smiling- i love it so much! you are SO talented! i LOVE the pics you took of eli that went along with travis' pictures. the whole thing is so perfect!!

Such a sweet idea! Clearly Eli is enjoying each of the re-creations :) That pic of your husband with your new baby is priceless :)

This was such a creative way to celebrate both Easter and your husband’s birthday.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...