Friday, December 16, 2011

Eli's Room

So here is my son Eli's room.  We painted this room when our second was on the way and he was just 1-1/2 years old.  It is very bright and perfect for a toddler.  Well, he is now 4 and sometime this next year I want to re-do it.  But I have no idea how yet! This is name art that my mom designs on her computer.  I painted the frame and used some crackle paint to get the texture. 


My mom made this shelf for me, using her miter saw and router.  My family is all very crafty and handy, so we all pull ideas from each other. It's great!

I love the bright colors.  We decided to use variations of the primary colors- red, yellow, and blue.  The red lines the top, the majority is blue in the middle, and the smallest yellow stripe along the bottom.

This is the western bench I made for him.  This was the second bench I ever made.  I have learned a lot since then.  I asked Eli if he care if I sold his bench and he would not let me!  It made me feel good!

We hung these air planes from Hobby Lobby with fishing wire and an eyelet screw.

I found this "I am a child of God" picture board at the thrift store for $1.  It used to be a blue color  and I carefully painted it yellow to match in the room.  My mom helped me cut the frame.  (This was before I started using the saw myself).

This dresser is from IKEA and happens to match almost exact with the red color we used on the walls. 

Any one remember He-Man from the 80's?  We saw it on TV one night and started recording it.  He Loves He-Man.  I bought these sheets on E-bay, and made it into a comforter.  While he is still young, I don't mind this cheesy character in his room.  I love it actually.  It reminds me of my brother who loved the show as well!

For Elijah's 4th birthday, I made all these capes for the little boys that came to his party.  I sewed the first letter of all their names on a different super hero pattern for each kid. They loved em'

This was one of the first things I sewed.  It is a simple curtain, but the coolest part is that it has blackout fabric on the other side.  It's great for when he naps, or for in the morning when the sun comes up at 5 am and you want him to still be sleeping!

Eli loves any super hero.  We got this light cover from E bay.

I scored this fabric at the thrift store for a few bucks.  It is a perfect match to the yellow paint in his room.  Its very simple, but clean. 

Here you can see a little of Elijah's little personality.  At first he was a little shy, but as I got him going by saying "pose" he came up with these cute little poses. So there is my little boy's room. I hope you enjoyed it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...