Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Family Night Blocks


Family Home Evening rarely happens in our family every week.  So I made up my own name and activity boards to hang in our house, and help us remember to have family night together! Here is what I cam up with...We have this mirror in our downstairs living room with 5 hooks on it, and nothing hanging on them.  I know I wanted to use wood.

I used some wood I had in my shed and cut them to the size I wanted.

I needed to attach 2 pieces together, so I flattened some L-brackets and screwed them together.

I knew I had to hang them somehow, so I drilled 2 holes in each one.


I used this minwax dark walnut stain.  I love how the color turned out!

Beautiful color that gives it a raw, rustic look.

I found some scrap paper and decided it would be perfect for a layered look.

I ripped out pictures from "The Friend" and grouped them together according to which activity was going on.

Here is the block for the "song" leader.

And the Treat.



I needed name tags so we could rotate the duties, and I wanted to use fabric because I love fabric. 
 

So now, hopefully we will remember to have Family Night! 

5 comments:

What a brilliant idea!! I'm going to have to try this. I love your blog. I'm your newest follower. Would love you to stop by DIY Home Sweet Home

Jamie
http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/
P.S. I have a giveaway going on. Come over and check it out.
P.S.S. I have a linky every Monday would love you to stop by Monday and link up.

What a great idea, both practical and decorative.
Wish you and your family a peaceful christmas!

OMG so cute! i would have never thought to tear the pictures out like that, but it gives it such a cool look! so how did you attach the fabric? velcro? i want to see a picture of the whole wall. LOVE it!!

This is such a clever idea and turned out super-cute. I'm sure your kiddos love it!

Thanks SO much for linking up your awesome posts @ Feature Friday Free-for-All!

P.S. I'm your newest follower and would be so honored if you'd follow my blogging journey as well (if you don't already! : )).

~Abbie (www.fivedaysfiveways.com)

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...