Sunday, October 9, 2011

Even older sewing table!

So I died when I inherited this even older sewing machine from my husband's grandma. It's a 100 year old Minnesota brand. Cast iron frame with a beautiful solid wood top. Again no before pics.  I've learned my lesson.  From now on I will take before pics.



It had been stored in a dirty shed for more than 50 years so it was DIRTY! So spent hours cleaning it up.  I sanded it and stained it a dark walnut.  It had a metal basin that was painted to look like wood.  But I wanted the open look underneath the table so I left it off.  


The actual machine was also covered in dirt and oil.  Before it only read "Minne".  This is displayed on the dresser in the guest bedroom.  Love this piece too.  Maybe because it came from my family? Or maybe because it is just so lovely!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...