Saturday, October 8, 2011

Kate's Nursery




Most everything in Kate's room I tweaked and made something ugly into something cute.


I constructed this cornis board out of some materials in my parent's garage. I added the pink gathered fabric and beaded trim.  I also made the roman shade and added the tule panels from ikea.


 This is a sconce that I made out of an old decorative piece we had lying around.  I made it into a lamp shade sconce to match the chandelier. 


This chandelier was only $50 from Home Depot. I added the flowers on the shades and also the green ribbon. I love the way it turned out.
   


This little shadow box was from the $1 store and I fixed it up to look cute.  I have 4 total.


I got these lamps at Home Depot for $10 for the set and painted them white.  The mirror is from the thrift store and I painted that too.
 

This was a yard sale find that I painted and glazed and made a cute cushion to match the rest of her room.


The first bench I ever made. 



This was her blessing dress that I made. I used my nieces $300 blessing dress as a pattern and copied it.

 I just love Kate's girlie and vintage room! Before and after she was born I just sat in there and soaked up all of that vintage and shabby Chic goodness.  Her room was a lot of fun to decorate. Here are some other pictures:




I love her room!

2 comments:

Seriously beautiful room! I wish I had one like it! Thanks for linking to Totally Tutorial Tuesdays!

So very gorgeous! THanks for joining and sharing with my newbie party. Please add my link or button to you post. Thanks.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...