Sunday, October 9, 2011

Grandma's 1950's singer sewing table


So here is another sweet gift from my mother in law.  A beautiful sewing table she was given by her mom.  She said she didn't want it and asked if I did. Heck yeah! I don't have the before pics.  I wish I did.


First I sanded the whole thing. What a huge job! Then I stained it a dark walnut in the areas I knew I would be sanding. 


I then painted it an antique white and let it dry before I sanded it. 


I re-covered the seat and added some little roses. 

The sewing machine needs some repair so I just use my ugly plastic one.  But its still so cool to have it inside. 

And don't you love these vintage wooden spools? I know I do.  This is one of my favorite re-makes! I love pieces that have this kind of reminiscent charm.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...