Friday, October 7, 2011

Sage green shabby bench- Sold!

I love this bench! I made it for my neighbor but I wish I could keep it! I love the dainty and lovely legs. Here's how it started:

Well I didn't get the picture of when it was just a headboard, but here it is with its basic construction. I had plans to do a tule skirt around it.  Then I decided to wrap the tule under the boards around the bench until I realized it looked like this:

 A diaper.
So I had to come up with a new design.


So I decided to try a cute ruffled design with a nice heavy woven fabric.



I gathered it with a needle and thread and hot glued it on, and double layered it.
Put a thin foam pad on it and stapled the crap out of it to hold it down.


I braided the ripped fabric to make a charming trim. 


I sanded it to give it the distressed look and was happy with the two- toned green color that happened where I sanded.  I used some little knobs in my wood collection that looked perfect on each post.  And when it was all done I just fell in love with it!


So by making mistakes I discover new and exciting ways of creating and Re-making!  So cute.











3 comments:

wow trish i LOVE it! please come to texas and make me a bench for my mudroom!

Ok! Next time I am in Texas I will!

Wow, that looks great! The skirt you added was the perfect touch!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...