“Don’t be a phony. Come on as YOURSELF.
The hardest thing in the world is to be something you’re not.
As you get closer and closer and closer to what you are, be that, and come on all the time that way. You’ll find it’s an easy way to live.
The easiest thing to be in the world is you.
The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don’t let them put in that position. Find “you” who you are, come on as you are. Then you can live simply.- Leo Buscaglia pg. 58, Living, Loving and Learning
I love self-help books. Some people think they are ridiculous. But for me, I have found the most loving, and beautiful authors who understand the importance of understanding human emotions. One of my absolute FAVORITES is Dr. Leo Buscaglia ; raised by his two loving Italian parents in the United States. He once taught a College course entiltled "LOVE 101". I wish I could have taken his class.
I was by nature very shy and reserved. I didn't know how to be myself. I tried to be what I thought others wanted me to be. I was afraid of accepting myself, and thus of accepting others. I judged myself and I judged others. My whole life until a few years ago, I had been searching to find out who I was. Everything in my life leading up to the winter of 2009 had a key role in the breakthrough that I had in learning this lesson of loving myself.
Choose you. Stop hating yourself. Stop running yourself down. Put your arms around yourself and say, “You know, you’re all right!
When you make peace with your weakness, you’ve made it!
They’re not big, they’re just a small part of you.
I don’t know when the last time was that anybody told you this:
you are a miracle.
Why are you so unique? So that you could become like everybody else? I don’t think so.
I don’t think that was God’s intention. I think you were made unique because you have some unique statement to make. Dedicate your life to finding out what that statement is.
Develop that statement,
and share it with me, because in the process of sharing it with me, we will both become more. -Leo Buscaglia, Living, Loving and Learning pg 75 |
1 comments:
Love it! Trisha your blog is a lot of fun to read!
Post a Comment