Saturday, November 19, 2011

My Baby Kakes

Meet Kate...

I have a lot going these next two months with Sun Valley, choreographing for the High School, and just keeping up with my family; I have decided to just blog about what I love the absolute most-my family. At the same time I wanted to highlight some re-makes and decorating throughout my home that was inspired by each member of my family.  Since I love my baby girl's room and because I love her; I decided to start with Kate. This whole week I will be taking pics of my baby doll and share my thoughts on the joy that this little angel has brought to our lives.
This is Kate one year (Photos taken by the fabulous Kelli of Utah Photographic Memories). Even before she was born I  could tell she was going to be a very soft, gentle, and sweet baby girl.  I love traditional and feminine names, and Kate was at the top of my list.  I was hoping she would look more like me than my husband, (my son had already covered that!). Kate was just a tiny thing at 5 lbs 11 oz.  

I couldn't wait to prove that I knew she would look like me, that I brought my baby picture.  Phew! I think she does. I was happy.
Since my first baby (Elijah) had a little heart defect, I was scared something might go wrong.  When Kate was born and everything was fine, I thanked my Heavenly Father for this tiny miracle.
Eli loved his new sister from the start.  And of course 4 months before she as born, I had her nursery finished.
My sister took this picture of me during my pregnancy with Kate.  I loved being pregnant with her.  I always feel like I have such purpose when I am carrying a heavenly being. 
My mom does these Name Art photos and frames and she made one for Kate.  I love having it, especially because Kate's grandma made it.
I made Kate's blessing dress and used my nieces blessing dress for inspiration.  It turned out exactly what I wanted, and it was 1/3 of the price!  The bench was made later when she was about one and a half years old.

These are moments that I never want to forget.  She is so cuddly and I love it. 
Kate is a little princess.
Kate's room is one of my favorites in my home.  Here are a few of my favorite things in her room:
We found this at Home Depot for $50! But the flowers on the shade were tacky, so we cut dried roses that we found at Hobby Lobby and also lined it with green ribbon the match her accent color. Later, we added the glass drops. 
I made this wall sconce to match the chandelier out of pieces that I had already in my home.

I found two of these lamps at Home depot for $10 and painted them white.  I added the beaded trim and sanded off the paint to reveal the dark color under the white.  
I got these unfinished frames at Hobby Lobby.  I used a stencil and joint compound to create the raised floral design.  That's just a few things from Kate's room.  I will post more over the week. 
Kate is such a joy in our lives.  We are so blessed to have her in our family. 



Eli and Kate really are great friends.  I am thankful for that.

I love this girl so much.  As I follow her around, taking her pictures, and blogging about her I realize even more how special she is. What a joy and a blessing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...