Friday, November 11, 2011

Family First


I keep having to remind my self to not wish away any moment of my toddlers lives.  Hard as they are, I know it will be gone in the blink of an eye.

                                                                
So both my kids are sick; one at the tale end, and one just beginning.  So I am low on sleep and with that comes "mom-zilla". But some days I just have to work on a project to keep me sane. This is one of many projects that I am working on simultaneously.  Pat is giving me a queen size head board and foot board in exchange for a new paint job and a new creamy cushion.
 I also worked on re-staining this cool industrial table my father-in law gave me.
 I used this RUST-OLEUM deglosser that takes the shiny finish off with out the mess of sanding.  It was the first time I used it and it worked really well.

 I love how it has a nice glow to it and how the rough animal-like grains show up in it.  
But it was this one that finally took me over the edge - the toy bench.  I tried to use liquid nails and I ended up using a butter knife to get it out.  I threw away the knife.  The worst part was that I freaked out at my kids when they were needing me because I "needed" to just finish one more thing.  Pshaw right.  It just made me more crazy and I ended up feeling guilty.  Which is why I try to say the phrase "family first in my mind.  If I try to get all things family related done first before I work on my never ending projects, my day usually goes a lot better. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...