Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Hot pink pillows

Thanks for stopping by to see my process of creating some accent pillows I made  the Sage green bench I made for my neighbor.  Mostly when I make or re-make something I just make it up as I go.  Her daughter's room has hot pink accents so I thought this was way cute fabric to go on the pillows.

First I measured the pillow forms and added 1/2 inch to the measurement. 

Next, I cut it in half to put a pleated contrasting fabric in the middle.

Here you see that I cut the sections for the back of the pillow cover, and the long strip to make the pleated contrasting fabric.

I love my Baby Lock serger that Travis gave me for my birthday, it can actually gather fabric.  No more pulling one thread only to have it break and start all over again.  Good eqequipment makes all the difference.

I wanted more of a folded pleat, so I used my sewing machine to fold the fabric and sew it in place.

The pleated insert is all done and ready to be pinned to the two print fabric pieces.

Now that the front of the pillow cover is done, all I have to do is pin all three pieces together.

I'm not even going to try to explain how you fold and put this together because you really have to see it.  I always have to take a  pillow cover off and look at it again before I make another one!

After you sew/serge all three pieces together, turn it inside out to reveal the whole thing!

So cute!

For the second pillow, I decided to make a trim to go along the outside of the printed fabric.

Here you see I laid the trim on the inside, then covered it with the top pieces ready to sew all three together.

And here it is all finished.

These two pillows will be so cute on the sage green bench. I will have to post a pic later.  Thanks for stopping by!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...