Tuesday, November 22, 2011

More of Kate's Nursery



Before I get to the rest of the nursery, I wanted to share this 80 year old rocker my father-in law gave me.  I just look at it and can imaging the history in this beautiful piece.  I'm not sure how I am going to re-make this one.  Still have to give it some thought.  Don't you love it though?

 I got this mirror at the thrift store for a low price I'm sure.  It needed to be painted though, so I chose white to go with her room.  Did you know that in the shabby chic and vintage style, you may mix different colors of whites and creams?  I would LOVE to have my whole bedroom with this color palate.

I finally found a shabby rug at Target.  It was just a small bathroom rug, so I added the ruffle which I got form the thrift store.  I love to be resourceful and to get a great deal!

I found two of these chairs at a yard sale for $15 for both!  I roughed it up first to make more areas for the glaze to get into.  I made the cushion for the rocking chair and I just put it on this chair.

I love this roman shade, which was actually very easy to sew.  I got the tulle panels at Ikea for only $5!  I added some  pink chiffon behind the cream tulle to give it a nice soft color. 

My mom found these at the $1 store and thought I could fix em up, and I did!  I took out what was inside and lined the back with my fabric accents, and added the dried roses that are also on the chandelier and wall sconces. I made the little bow ties out of my accent fabric all with the glue gun.  Gotta love that thing.

Kate loves her animals.  I made the pillow, and Bunny!  I took an old bunny doll, cut it, and sewed it to the soft little blanket. 

Here's my Kate.  I adore her.


Just for fun, I wanted to put up a picture of my style.  I love to mix and match things, and I LOVE  a good deal!  I love things that are unique and most important, I always only buy it if it looks and feels like me.  I used to try to dress just like my sisters, friends, etc; until I realized that just wasn't me! So I did a makeover of my wardrobe and now I dress how I like! What's your style?

1 comments:

Hi nice rreading your post

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...